Visa Charity Non Profit Interchange Rates
Visa Charity Rates
Visa grants super-low rates to nonprofits classified as “charitable or social service organizations”
Visa has a special rate category specifically designed for nonprofits. Not all nonprofits will qualify – but if you’re classified with the MCC of 8398, or as a “Charity or Social Service” organization, then you’ll qualify for far-reduced interchange rates
- Only Charitable and Social Service organizations are eligible (MCC 8398). Churches, schools, associations, and other nonprofits are not eligible for this rate category.
- CPS Qualified – Magnetic stripe, contactless, or chip data read, obtain customer’s signature, E-Commerce, or key-entered
- Authorize and settle within 1 day.
- Obtain and pass 1 valid electronic authorization.
- When processing a Non-PIN debit transaction the authorization and settlement amount must match.
CPS Charity – 1.35% + $0.05
Downgrade (any reason): EIRF, 2.30% + $0.10/txn
CPS Retail 2 CNP Debit – 0.65% + $0.15 (Capped at $2.00)
Downgrade (any reason): CPS Card-Not-Present Debit, 1.65% + $0.15/txn
Regulated Debit – 0.05% + $0.22
Downgrade: This card type does not downgrade.
You’ll only receive these rates if you’re a registered nonprofit with the MCC of 8398.